Discussions on everything about the J/30 Sailboat!
With your one stop source
The J/30 Marketplace
Join or Renew
Class Membership
Search

February
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28
Today's Birthdays
Rob Van Name
Newest Members
Bruce Nash, CaptMikeSalvage, John Duke, Brad Weinmann, Amy
995 Registered Users
Crew Manager Boat Websites

Boat Website subscriptions with
Crew Scheduling & Notifications

Created by former J/30 Rhapsody owner

J/30 Social Network
Popular Topics(Views)
947,667 Dacron Main
154,054 Ananda's Refit
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics3,917
Posts18,871
Members995
Most Online223
Dec 17th, 2019
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Sails & Equipment for Sale
01/30/23 02:52 PM
Hi John,

I'm told that Mass Marine Parts recently scrapped a J/30 and may have a mast. It might be worth a call.

GL,

-Chris
20 8,985 Read More
01/30/23 11:45 AM
Mike,
I tried to figure out how to contact you at Captain Mikes, but couldn't find an email. If you are viewing this thread, I wonder if you have the many boaty bits fomr the boat in question. I have hull 30, which has some very old parts that need replacement. I have new genoa, main, halyards, and most lines new on the way. I'm hoping to find all the rigging that the lines run through - vang bits, main sheet bits, backstay bits (the "pulleys" and cleats, mainly) so the lines don't get torn to shreds by the degraded and fading stuff on the boat. Although lovely to have antique rigging, it isn't good for the expensive lines... or for our sailing - things get stuck or fail to hold.
Bruce
6314799592 if you have any cleats, vang setup, traveler, spin rigging, etc... most seems original and often worn or working poorly on the 1979 boat.
1 64 Read More
01/18/23 09:04 PM

New 3/4" Shaft, Coupling, Dripless Stuffing Box, Folding Prop

See our other threads. We have Complete Set of Sails. Berth and Cockpit Cushions. Mast, Boom & Rigging; Bows, Bimini, Dodger, Boom Cover

Captain Mikes Yacht Service. Safe Cove. Port Charlotte

Offers Considered

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/bpo/d/port-charlotte-j30-jboat-new-4-shaft/7579967333.html

0 59 Read More
01/18/23 08:19 PM
Mast, Boom, Roller Furling, Standing Rigging. Excellent Condition

See Other Ads. Pat Marie just got a complete refit before the Ian Storm. All photos are current condition inventory in clean dry safe storage removed from boat before storm. I have photos of the boat after storm and videos of this rigging.

Boat did not get damaged much but apparently in the right places to cause an insurance total , but all our parts are excellent condition, new, nearly new or never used from this J30

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/bpo/d/port-charlotte-j30-jboat-mast-standing/7579721723.html

Captain Mikes Yacht Service. Safe Cove Port Charlotte, Fl

Offers Considered
0 92 Read More
01/18/23 08:09 PM
New Never Used Bows, Bimini, Dodger, Boom/Mainsail Cover.

New Bows, Bimini, Dodger, Boom/Mainsail Cover

New Never Used Immaculate. Black. Offers Considered. See Photos.

Captain Mikes Yacht Service
Safe Cove Port Charlotte FL

Offers Considered

J30 Pat Marie had a complete new refit before the storm and we have excellent condition or new parts which were removed from boat before the storm. Boat was solid still and barely damaged but got the insurance total.

we have a complete set of 10 newly restitched reconditioned or new sails

Mast Boom and Rigging look great no damage but for spreaders need new bolts drilled tapped.

full set of berth and cockpit cushions with sole cover

Folding prop,new shaft and stuffing box

new never installed B&G Auto Rudder Auto Steer

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/bpo/d/port-charlotte-j30-jboat-new-never-used/7579714281.html
0 57 Read More
01/18/23 07:59 PM
https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/bpo/d/port-charlotte-j30-jboat-new-cockpit/7579718683.html

New Cockpit & All Berth Cushions & Sole Cover

This was from a Clients new full refit. Had everything made up and then boat got insurance claimed in storm.

See other ads we have lots of new never used or like new parts for the J30 Jboat.

All parts listed and pictured are current actual condition and properly stored.

All Parts were stowed away from boat in storm and boat got just the right kind of damage to get scrapped.

Great opportunity for J30 owner outfitting theirs or needing replacements.

Captain Mikes Yacht Service. Safe Cove. Charlotte Harbor.

Offers Considered

0 58 Read More
01/18/23 07:35 PM
10 Sails. See Photos. Sail Bag or Sail Tag Labels are as follows: 1 Storm Jib, 1 Regular Halsey, 1 Storm TRY, 1 J30 RF Genoa, 1Small Spy, 1 .75oz Martin Downer, 1 UK #1 159% Martin Downer Genoa, 1 Ulmer #3 102% Blade Jib w Battens, 1 MainSail . Price is for Sail Sets Only

J30 JBoat 10 Sails Set. Port Charlotte, FL Exc. Cond

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/bpo/d/port-charlotte-j30-jboat-10-set-of/7579710649.html

I have much more new never used or excellent condition parts besides sails. see other ads to include a mast, boom & rigging. NEW Bows,Bimini and Dodger. New Full Set of Cockpit and Interior Cushions and 3 pc Sole Cover.. a New Never Installed B& G Auto Steer Auto Rudder. New Shaft,New Dripless Stuffing Box, New Coupler and Folding Prop

Captain Mikes Yacht Service. Safe Cove. Port Charlotte, FL

Offers Considered
0 70 Read More
01/18/23 07:29 PM
https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/bpo/d/port-charlotte-j30-jboat-10-set-of/7579710649.html

here is an entire professionally restitched excellent condition set

Captain Mike Salvage
2 205 Read More
Looking to Buy Something
01/18/23 07:26 PM
A bit late now but we have an excellent one in Port Charlotte FLorida

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/bpo/d/port-charlotte-j30-jboat-mast-standing/7579721723.html
3 1,033 Read More
Boats for Sale
01/18/23 07:06 AM
Our family is looking for a well cared for and well equipped J30. We are in California but would be excited to buy and explore/cruise/race wherever your boat is located in the US or Canada. Eventually we would bring it west but in no hurry to do so. Any leads on available boats would be greatly appreciated and can be emailed to brad92625@gmail.com. Thank you i advance and excited to join and participate in the J30 Class Association.
0 89 Read More
The Boat, Sails and Equipment
01/14/23 01:35 PM
Hello. Just received a j29 fractional mast to replace my mast in my j30. the mast in my j30 was broken a couple times before i owned it and repaired with sleeves. so it is not the correct dimensions. so as i am about to sort out and set up the new mast i noticed a few differences. j29 mast is apron 2" longer (my mast not original length), I will have to move boom up. the mast forestay attachment is not a halyard box but a welded on piece and the halyards for 1 spin and 1 jib come out a couple feet higher then come down to a guide which is above forestay attachment. only one spin halyard it seems. the spreaders are not riveted on but have a piece through the mast. the lowers not attache to mast but to spreader attachment. any help or advice on these items would be helpful.
0 92 Read More
Photo Forum
01/07/23 10:15 PM
These photos were from the last Royal Vancouver Yacht Club PHRF Wednesday night beer can race of the season in Vancouver BC. The breeze was a steady 20-25 kts+ with a high gust of 40 kts and big swells. We needed to get around the race course in order to win the series so we sailed... very conservatively with a reefed main and #3. High speed as measured by an on board GPS watch was slightly over 10 knots. Most of the fleet stayed at the dock. Four boats started in our class and two of them collided (only minor damage) and retired. We had a great time and did not break anything!
0 63 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 34 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Photos
Windy Wednesday night
Hurricane Gulch San Pedro, CA
Truckin'
Endeavour (246) Sailing in Prince Edward Island
First cruise
Recent Posts
Parts available
by Chris623. 01/30/23 09:52 AM
New 3/4 Shaft, Coupler,Dripless,Stu
ffingBox FoldingProp

by CaptMikeSalvage. 01/18/23 04:04 PM
New Never Used Bows, Bimini, Dodger, Boom/Mainsail Cover.
by CaptMikeSalvage. 01/18/23 03:09 PM
by CaptMikeSalvage. 01/18/23 02:59 PM
10 Set of Sails; New or Prof. Restitched Recond. Exc Cond.
by CaptMikeSalvage. 01/18/23 02:35 PM
Looking For #1 Genoa
by CaptMikeSalvage. 01/18/23 02:29 PM
Mast required asap!!
by CaptMikeSalvage. 01/18/23 02:26 PM
Wanted - Super Clean J30
by Tinsley40. 01/18/23 02:06 AM