Ok So Grady from the west coast Sling Shot has given me a challenge.
we go south for a race and they come north.

here are the races we are thinking of.

PSSR - spring - Seattle - cycseattle.org
J-Fest - summer - Seattle - http://www.yachtworld.com/sailnorthwest/sailnorthwest_0.html
PSSC - fall - Seattle - cycseattle.org

Then in the north we have

Patos Island race at Sidney north saanich YC. last weekend in March.
Round Saltspring. Canadian Long weekend in May. Saltspring sailing club. ( That's the weekend prior to the US long weekend)
Swiftsure. Royal Victoria YC. last weekend in May and the US long weekend.
Northern Century 100. Anacortes YC. last weekend in Aug
Rips regatta (like whitby only just over the border and cheaper) mid Aug.
and the always fun Southern straits race. from north Van YC
Ask Tony if he will do this again. he had to pull Clint out of the water in over 50kn winds. good fun.

OK so lets start talking.
I get allot of time off so IM in for Patos, Salt spring and swiftsure. and if we find a comon spot in the south like whitby or Jfest then I will head south to do that. And I am sure I can drag the codger Tony along with me as he never misses a chance to school me on the race course.

As well we are bringing a campaign to the Van Isle 360. but to do that race we are modifying the boat with an A sail and sprit. Dont freak we will have two ratings for the boat. ODR and Sprit.

Now my suggestion for the year is for the guys in the south to come up and do Saltspring and then take the week off and cruise the islands and we can have a J30 randevu in Roache or Friday Hb and then go over to Victoria and do Swiftsure as a class as well. So In one week you get 2 major races and a cruise. you only need the crews for the weekends
Then we go south for Jfest and some other race that lines up for a week event. or we make the J30 regatta happen some where like Shilshole. they have lots of dirty 30s.

Then we can crown a king and pat them on the ass and send them to Annapolis in the spring.

Ahhh Annapolis. I miss it just thinking of it.
Ok lets get some names down here.

I will be making a spread sheet of the races and the boats and we will get this sent out to every one to say where they think they will be.

last year we almost had our class at 3 major events, this year lets get our class and have a few extra boats to make it a real test.

And if you like my signature you would love what i have writen on the bottom of my boat. great place to put a message for your competition!

Vampire #18 Don
Bite Me