Originally Posted by Vampire
Easy now. lets not get too excited. I am after all the guy who went around for half the year with a watch that was an hour out because I did not know how to set the daylight savings time.

Although I do have some cool sailing software on the boat that tells me when I should be sailing the boat faster.
A big gauge on the screen says "hey dummy your only sailing at 85% of potential boat speed for the current wind and course" OK it doesn't say that it just says "85% PS" But I know what that infernal machine is thinking.

Then there is the on line racing we do.
virtual skipper 5 is an awesome game and its free.
we race on line with clubs all over the world. When our club shuts down for the holidays those of us hard core cant get enough people go online and have regattas. You can host east or west. you can have a login so its just invited people.

we could have one design racing on line and have all of us west coast boats play there. then we challenge the guys every where else.

check out the teaser video

Virtual Skipper video

It is harder then you think. I use it to teach the rules to my new racers.
And it is very good for teaching the basics. and if your have them down you can realy capatalize on the good stuff.

best Part is its free!

What do you race as on VSK? I'm always up to school fellow J/30 sailors.