Joe: let's see if I can cover your questions with some information.

The hull is sound with no bubbles or delamination at all. I have about three small spots on the deck where the the outershell has been punctureed and needs repair, but there is no damage to the inside of the deck. The engine is very solid. Most of my sailing for the last 10 years or so has been in and around Friday Harbor, and there aren't many ways to put hours on the engine. The top end was removed, and inspected and found to be in excellent condition.

The fised windows in the hull need replaceing. I did them myself about 12 years ago, and it is an easy job.

The J30 comes with hailyards that are wire/rope. I replaced those with all rope. I dont think I ordered the top of the line material, for most of my racing is local.

Main is in good, not great shape. The #1 (genea) is also in good, not great shape. I have 3 spinnakers:? 1/2 qz, 3/4 oz and a 1oz (chicken chute with reduced shoulders). The #2 and #3 are shot. I use the #3 for single handing.

I've insstalled a Harken auto tacking traveler, 3-1 and 6-1 mainsheet, and hollow boom vang. If you're at all familliar with the J30, you know that it is almost over winched, both primary and seconday winches are two speed. There is a Raymarine tiller pilot.

I've changed the original alcohol stove to propane, and changed the Dickinson heater from Kerosene to propane. My installation of the propane tank would not meet the usual standards, as I just built a container for the tank and installed it in the hanging locker.

I have two workable compasses installed in the cockpit, and an extra sighting compass that is stored in the nav. area. I keep the Loran on the boat for backup since it provides Lat/Lon and COG and SOG. There is also a portable VHF radio. I had switched over to using a laptop with navigation software that connects to a GPS receiver.

The standing rigging is original, and on my list of things to renew. I was looking into installing a roller furler at the same time, but have done neither. The cushions are also original, but are in decent shape, adn would be at the end of my list of things to do.

If you've been to the J30 website there is all kind of good info and people there: http://j30.us/blog/. Most of the info in in the forums.

I think thats everything I can think of. I'm currently asking $12,000 for Grasshopper since I'm just not sailing it as much as it deserves.

Gary Boothman
360 378-2459 gbooth@rockisland.com