I've done a fair amount of rewiring on Falcon over the years

* installed a Blue Sea AC pannel over 10 years ago which handles two plugs, Hot Water heater and the Battery charger

* two years ago I was having issues with DC pannel and replaced it with a Blue Sea pannel P/n 8068 which comes with two meters and 10 breakers with room to add three more. I'm not worried about the circuit breaker rating as all the electronics are each fused as well All wiring is mostly 14 to 168 gauge. Current pannel cost at Jamestown Supply is $499.00

* I found that the primary harness in the boat was in great shape once you trimmed the ends back about 1-2 inches and would not replace it unless you had a short The major corrosion was at the crimp connectors and if you use the heat shink versions that will not reoccur (in our lifetimes)

* what I would do differently would be to install a single DC/AC pannel and put it on a hinge so that it would fold down
This will probably require some wood working skills to build a frame that can handle the weight of the pannel

* so what do I have for DC circuits running lights, steaming light, deck light, masthead/anchor light, cabin lights, wind instruments, autopilot, GPS, Stereo, Inverter, assessory plug and VHF

I have also replaced the cabin lights with LED's expense but a much smaller drain

Charlie Stoddard
Falcon #229