I created a full scale mockup using the Model 2206 panel dimensions and did some trial fits on Rhapsody. Here are some things I discovered.

1. The hinge is best placed on the bottom or right side. The existing harness will not rotate easily with a left side hinge. My personal preference is to put the hinge on the bottom as I think that will be easiest to do any maintenance work.
2. On the stock J/30 with no modifications, there is no problem fitting the panel. On Rhapsody where I mounted a 110VAC outlet, shore power breaker and 12VDC outlet, I'll probably need to move some of the items I mounted.
3. There is adequate clearance for the panel height so the Nav table slider molded edge will clear the bottom of the panel.

For Rhapsody, If this panel were used I would either take out the old wood panel and cut a new one, or use something like starboard over the existing wood panel and move items so the 2206 panel could fit.

Here is the mockup and some descriptions (click on pics for higher resolution):
2206 Panel with hinge on bottom showing left/right clearance.
[Linked Image]

2206 Panel showing hinge clearance on bottom so it clears the sliding nav table top.
[Linked Image]

2206 Panel showing hinge opened and existing cutout that will need to be expanded to accommodate expanded dimensions.
[Linked Image]

2206 Panel showing interference with other added items on Rhapsody.
[Linked Image]

Original Panel shown for reference
[Linked Image]

Attached Files
2206-fit-check.jpg [54.43 KBytes] - (4227 downloads)
2206-hinge-clearance.jpg [49.47 KBytes] - (4143 downloads)
2206-hinge-down.jpg [58.27 KBytes] - (4076 downloads)
2206-outlet-plate-trim.jpg [49.78 KBytes] - (4019 downloads)