News from Everett, we went from five active racers to one: BoB. Two of the boats left the area (Circe-inland Canada; JayHawk- somewhere in Seattle), Garuda sold and has not left dock - something about engine troubles, Stellar J is into cruising mode. We still have Mystique, Sysigy, and Islandia, with Mystique sadly just gathering moss, but Sysigy and Islandia always out sailing but not racing. Makes it easy to be the fastest J-30 in our area - and if you just show up to enough club races you can hold on to the club championship for fourth year running!

Saw the Patos Island invite, and while inviting, I cannot swing it in 2013 - but will try for 2014 because it is a wonderful venue! In 2013 we will do 'Round Whidbey which is similar 70 mile race but later in the Spring. I plan on keeping the Anacortes NC100 on the must do list, but dang if moving kids to college keeps getting in the way. J-Fest? I'll give that consideration as I put together the 2103 race schedule. Other one we like is PITCH out of Bellingham the weekend after the NC100 race. Whidbey Island Race week - not for BoB - cannot even fathom asking for a weeklong kitchen pass....

If we do Swiftsure again, what course for the J-30s? I like the Neah Bay race, but being the slowest rater drops the fun factor when everyone is gone when you get back.