Progress continues slowly - the hardest part of this job has been the logistics of all the little fasteners, epoxy, tubes of sealant, and other bits that tend to hold up the works when they run out. There is a chandlery down the street but it's minimally stocked, so weekend trips to West Marine have become the norm.

Here's my girlfriend Crystal filling the big deck holes with thickened epoxy:
[Linked Image]

Applying the Marine-Tex to the windows:
[Linked Image]

One of two small hatches mounted as the sun goes down. This one ventilates the head compartment (very important!). On the right you can see my terrible mounting job for the spinnaker halyard block from last year, due for relocation as I brilliantly placed it right in the weakest spot of the deck.
[Linked Image]

In the port lazarette, mounting the support brace for the Espar heater:
[Linked Image]

And the exhaust flange location marked on the transom (putting it 20" or so above waterline at 0 deg heel):
[Linked Image]

Inspection hatch installed back on the tank with new gasket and all hardware mounted:
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Rhapsody #348
Alex,

Your project progress looks great! I would reassess removing the jib tracks. Even if you don't use them now, they provide much flexibility for sheeting angles and other sails. You can isolate the core and reinstall them. There is no need to leave the jib cars on them if you plan on using the pad eyes.

I was never happy with the location of the tracks - they didn't provide any good options for sheeting with my current sailplan (95% blade jib). I'm considering adding a 125% or 135% genoa for lighter air, and I'll likely mount a new track in an optimum location if I go that route.