Today was my dad's last full day in town. We accomplished three major tasks:
- Last night the Espar heater refused to start, at a time when it was much needed thanks to a cold front rolling in with some fog. Investigation this morning revealed that the fuel line had slipped out of the fuel pump intake compression fitting! Turns out it was flared improperly. We corrected that and got the pump primed again.
- We installed the traveler track! Complete with the board in the old trough. It looks so badass. I can't wait to rig it!
- Finally, we finished painting the whole deck with KiwiGrip! The transformation is incredible, I barely recognize the boat. I know it won't stay this clean for long, but just wow.
So here's some pictures of the finished product! We're still debating what to do with the stripes - I thought they would look good au natural but now I'm leaning towards painting them with a smooth white, perhaps with some gloss.
(I liked the idea of linking to the pictures so I did the same for the new ones)
We went out for margaritas to celebrate. When I got home, I had four packages at my door - a SeatalkHS switch to connect the radar to my chartplotter in a more reasonable way, more FRP for backing plates, etc, bolts, and more hatch sealing strips (that won't be used on my windows, but will in fact come in handy for other purposes). Work is never done!