I passed a major milestone yesterday. With the addition of two padeyes for jib sheeting blocks, Ananda is fully rigged for sailing once again.

[Linked Image]

Also accomplished was the permanent installation of the radar cable with a Scanstrut deck seal:

[Linked Image]

I also rigged the bobstay, although I don't really like the sheeting arrangement:

[Linked Image]

This does work, but the fact that the distance from the top block to the bow changes as the line is tensioned caused some unexpected problems. It means for any given length of bobstay, there are two stable positions for the sprit, deflected above or below the horizontal position. The fact that I don't have a block on the bow yet just complicates this problem.

I think I need to reverse the blocks, and have the turning block on the sprit and the becket block on the waterline fitting. Then the bobstay can follow the bow up and turn on the pulpit or something - I haven't quite figured that part out yet. I'll have to play around with it.

I couldn't resist testing out my old spinnaker, even though the wind was on the beam, shifty and gusty, and dusk was falling:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I spent the rest of the time in the cabin, working on routing electrical lines through the tight spaces around my new panel. I'm making progress on getting it all cleaned up.