Okay - another novice inquiry here! We are currently standing in 1st overall for our August series, which hit me as a huge surprise! With today being our last chance to get it right to take home at least one prize this season, I'm wondering if anyone can help me make a decision on our sail plan for tonight?

Wind speed is 16knots, but with gusts up to 32knots expected throughout the night. If it was any other race, I'd throw up the blade jib, and be done with it - but, I'm only 1 point ahead of our toughest competition, who has a very experienced crew (C&C37, with a pretty similar PHRF rating, so I need to be within 2 minutes of him over the finish to place above him) So... should I use my 150 genoa tonight? I only have 5 crew confirmed, so a bit light for weight on the rail, and we're a very novice crew, with most of our experience in lighter conditions - case and point, we smoked everyone last week with line honours and 1st place by over 5 min once corrected, but had maybe 5 knots of breeze for half the race.

Any help for heavier air would be appreciated!