Just arrived on the left coast to visit my daughter's family so sorry about the delay responding. I haven't used Teamsnap since 2017 so my responses are based on what I left then.

1. Teamsnap no longer offers a public website for your boat. People must be logged in to see anything about your site so the schedule, results, etc. are all private. This was driven by a lack of security in their site that allowed script kiddies to insert spam and take over people's sites. Rather than fix their security, they took down the public sites that "teams" had.

2. Crew Manager provides a public site for each boat. The default site setup includes a Weather page (Windy TM) and Wind widget (Windalert/Sailflow) It also provides a page with helpful sailing links. For Skippers with WordPress experience, the site may be further customized. Teamsnap has nothing like this other than a generic weather forecast - not like Windy.

3. Crew Manager allows entry of weights for each crew member and the skipper may produce a report for the crew on any sailing event. You can enter class limits and have a check against limits. For classes like the J/109 that do not include the helmsman weight in the total, a checkbox may be checked to exclude the helmsman's weight in the check. Teamsnap has weight inputs but does nothing other than report individual crew weights.

4. Crew Manager automatically notifies the Skipper when a crew member changes their availability for an event (options are yes, no and maybe). This was a complaint I made to Teamsnap because I was "surprised" if someone changed their status and did not tell me.

5. Crew Manager provides the ability to run a report matrix of people by crew position. The matrix is filled in with the number of times the person filled that position and totals the number of times crewed at the bottom. This is helpful if you have rotating crew and want to balance the assignments.

6. Teamsnap did not easily integrate with outside calendars. Crew Manager has a calendar you can easily add to most any standard electronic calendar - I link to my Google calendar and don't need to retype stuff on my personal calendar. Others have linked to the iPhone calendar.

7. For classes that require World Sailing Sailor Classifications, Crew Manager allows saving the Sailor ID in a person's profile along with a self declared category (Cat 1 Amateur, Cat 3 Professional). The skipper may run a report and choose to have the Sailor IDs checked in the World Sailing database to validate the category and the date the sailor classification expires.

Crew manager is open to incorporating suggestions that benefit the sailors and skipper. The report of people by position was something I did at the suggestion of one of the Crew Manager skippers. He used to transfer data and analyze it in Excel, but now can just push a button to see it online.

With Crew Manager you are supporting a sailor.... not some big company!

Last edited by Rhapsody #348; 02/12/19 08:11 PM. Reason: added #7 for classifications