Originally Posted by usa1136
We race with all NS similar to Wildcat and our tuning is very similar to the above. I would add that we leave the headstay at max length until 18 knots, then put turns on after that. We tend to be on the extreme at low end and upper end with tension of standing rigging - . Super loose in light air, with leeward shrouds like a noodle. In high winds, we go up to 42/43 on lowers and uppers. We also tighten turnbuckles on the backstay in over 18 as well to allows for enough backstay tension. The tension on the backstay for breezy conditions does not allow the backstay to be eased enough in light air so a light and heavy air setting for both backstay turnbuckles is needed.

I have found that if you reef the main, it is very difficult to point. Some boats in OD get faux reef points that meet the rule but can't be used as they feel they will never reef the main while racing.

Take some pics and post them and I'm sure you will get a few opinions on this forum.

usa1136 - Are you measuring 42/43 using the Pro PT-2 (coil spring) or the 90 Model B?