Extremely well documented and some excellent pointers and tips. Just a couple suggestions, It appear that the hyperlinks did not persist into the PDF version. Also if you can recall final line lengths that will help the next person not have to guess.

This almost makes me want to redo the 7:1 version I did 25 years ago. My blocks are probably as worn as the ones John had in Smiles since he probably did his upgrade from the stock 4:1 around the same time.

Rivets are not a long term solution for equipment that will sooner or later will need to be disassemble. I worry about the quality of hardware store stainless steel fasteners tapped into aluminum. But sometimes you have to work with what you have and who really knows if West Marine stainless is any better? It may help to coat threads with Locktite or as I've been lately using the magical and expensive Tef-Gel.

On a 35-40 year old boom and gooseneck I now have wobble between the cast fitting and the aluminum tube. Have tried gasket material but so far have not found anything that holds up for a full season.

Thank you for the helpful documentation.