Hi everyone, long-time member but just paid for the $50 membership because it's worth keeping this dream alive. I've sailed on many boats but grew up saying J/24's and J/30's. Currently, skippering hull 259 named Heater' Up my dilemma is that at the beginning of the season I was placed 2nd and 3rd now I'm 5th consistently. I had my father come and help tune the rig and he shimmed the mast forward and port and stbd. I have a hard time controlling her even in light wind. today was our fathers day race and placed fourth. but here's the kicker I have another J/30 in my fleet Hull #531 and he is gone out of the gate. we both have the same sailes my are 1 year old his 150% is brand new. I've tuned my rig every which way till Sunday and can't keep up. leeward shrouds are noodles, headstay flaps, and vibrate even after 5-8 turns.

I'm at a loss right now. could use some good advice other than the standard J/30 tuning guide everyone keeps sending me because that is just base settings. My crew is well trained to adjust on the fly. I would like to see a chart or number that corresponds to wind ratings ETC. should I have my guys loosen or tighten the shrouds ETC

Ryan Scudder/Heat'er Up #259