Originally posted by the redhead:
Hey Bill...I have been hearing all sorts of comments...unfortunately the most common scuttlebutt about sails has been that they don't measure in as they are supposed to... mine was too big, another spent big bucks only to find it cut too small...not an advantage on the race course. Why don't you hop in the car and come down for the after race party...get it from the horse's mouth?

Cynthia,

I'd love to join the party but have committed to one of the last beer can races we can do this season. At least I'm taking the time today to troll the Newport Boat Show and take in all the sights. I'm going to get quotes from all the lofts that are exhibiting there. Based on your comments, sounds like I should get a written guarantee that the sails will pass one-design measurement criteria, or they replace them. Any specifics on what measurements / sails had problems? I remember at the 2004 NAs, Laserbeam had a brandy new Z-Sails spinnaker that was cut a couple of inches too long (failed Spinnaker Half Width along luff as I recll).

Make sure you save some rum for all those other J/30 sailors there....

Bill