Will Keyworth has made alot of J30 sails in Annapolis... he was here for NOODs on Meanie... worth talking to. Chuck at Doyle in Annapolis has a J30 himself... which is sometimes handy input. I have some sails from Doyle, which were sold to me in the Carib but I was told that all J30 sails are made in Marblehead, guess they are on the computer? Pretty standard issue main, not as roachy as my North main cut in San Diego. The UK main I was using at NAs was cut in Annapolis to "J30 Class specs" and assembled at the loft here in Florida... for a boat that no longer exists (thanks to Katrina) I had it in Annapolis during race week and the UK loft class measurer measured it in "short" and blamed it on the UK Miami loft... go figure. In California I have sailed under Ullman sails almost exclusively...but the boats custom and Dave said "a J30 sail is a J30 sail is a J30 sail" and he advised me not to buy from his loft because they couldn't match the prices from lofts set up to do lots of J30 sails. I do believe him about the price, not really about the cut. I'll have to save my pennies for his sails....someday.

Remember - "All sail lofts are not created equal"

PS I never did like 3DLs