Originally posted by D. Bartley:
The Nola loft seems to do it's own thing generally. I'm sure Benz will talk with anyone to help get his designs working for your boat.

Well back to the original intention of this thread (good tangent on cross sheeting though!)...I corresponded with Benz today and asked if he would work with Henry Little at the RI North loft to share his secrets for having similar sails made at Zephyr's local North loft. Benz's reply is;

"...I consider the J-30 as a one-design boat and yes you can order the sails through Henry however past experience is the sails do not come out like Scott's sails even though I have tried to share my designs with the North designers. I can only guarantee this to be so when the sails are ordered here. I can assist you with a great tuning guide which will match the sails ...."

So my dilemma is to figure out if I want the recipe repeated without the local support, or the potential of duplicating the recipe but with local loft support. I'll be speaking with other folks too, so feel free to weigh in with your comments and recommendations.

Bill