I bought #130 this summer in the middle of a major overhaul. All hardware had been removed, including port chain plate. The bulkhead, bottom, soft spots etc were repaired and painted. I got to start with a clean slate. After looking at J/32's & a 105 at our club, I moved the jib winches a bit aft, cabin top winches inward, and studied the hardware that came off the boat. That was the first of August. Long story short - I quit counting the work hours for sanity's sake. Our first race a few weeks ago was horrible; dirty bottom, spinnaker chaos in heavy air, used up & worn out old Mylar 150. We didn't get depressed, but kept getting her ready.
Today we had a club team race - Heavy A & two B's in groups of three. New 155 was delayed, so went with the ole 100 - in 12 knots wind. Clean bottom this time. A great J/24 racer helping my moderately experienced trimmers. The captain ( myself) getting familiar with feel for helm, pointing, & getting to spend more time driving as the crew learns the new ole ride.
I'm vey happy to say we led our team to victory! I've raced for years, and this is by far the most fun I've had. I hope to keep #130 for many years. These are some great boats, and I'm proud to be affiliated with this group!

Rick Fielder
#130 - Overlord