After fighting with a bad upper shroud for two years trying to tune the rig I decided to attempt to remove the adjustment bolt that welded/galled itself to the upper swaged on turnbuckle. Mondial has the old style two piece and an adjusting bolt style of turnbuckles. After several weeks of applying penetrating oil, waiting, and then using heat on the turnbuckle I have now twice attempted to get it to turn. Unfortunately it looks like the threads are so bunged up that even though I can get it so that the bolt turns up (tighter) after about 1/2" it won't go down (looser) any more, the direction I really need it to go. If I could get the bloody thing off I have three or four extra adjustment bolts to swap in. I am done fighting with this damn thing so I am definitely going to get a new one, considering all the standing rigging is original.

Anyway, does anyone have an old-style upper shroud with the swaged on fitting that I could borrow, rent, or buy for this next Sunday's frostbite race? Thanks.