Dear J30 Skipper

On Saturday August 1, 2009 the Mattapoisett Yacht Club will host the 1st Annual William E. Mee Regatta. This one day regatta will be held off of Mattapoisett Harbor and sailed in the waters of Buzzards Bay. Proceeds from this regatta will benefit the William E. Mee Youth Sailing Program and many of their young sailors. As a new member of the J30 Class and a long time racer I would like to invite you to participate in this regatta. The MYC will give us our own class start if we can get 5 or more boats to enter and will try to run 3 races weather permitting. Presently myself (No Quarter Given) and Brouhaha of New Bedford harbor are planing to race. For those who might be entering this years Buzzards Bay Regatta the weekend after the Mee Regatta Aug 7, 8,& 9 this could be a great tune up for you against other J30's. The fee is $40 to race which would include a overnight mooring if you get your entry ASAP. There is a Gala that evening that you may or may not want to attend proceeds from that also benefit the Mee program but it is not mandatory as we want you to race first. Below are links to the entry form and Notice of Race. I hope to see you at the Mee Regatta and the Buzzards Bay Regatta.

For details go to www.mattapoisettyc.org click racing and scroll down to the Mee Regatta

NOR

Entry Form

Mark Thornhill,
No Quarter Given #46