J/30 Class Association

cabin light bulbs

Posted By: sonskyn

cabin light bulbs - 01/26/09 07:12 PM

for the record: FSV (20W/12V) MR11 halogen flood with 36degree lense and BA15D base is a good cabin light bulb replacement the smaller lense makes installation easier than the larger original bulbs
Posted By: Rhapsody #348

Re: cabin light bulbs - 01/26/09 07:25 PM

Koos - this is good information. I was searching for bulbs a while back and posted this Replacement Bulbs for Cabin Lights on the forum. Can you make out the part number for the original incandescent bulb? If you can, I'll post this information on the Equipment Suppliers page as a cross reference.

Thanks,
Posted By: sonskyn

Re: cabin light bulbs - 01/26/09 09:37 PM

Bill, I don't recall seeing any numbers on the originals, all the original bulbs are halogen, no incandescents,
Posted By: JKC

Re: cabin light bulbs - 03/30/09 08:53 PM

Has anyone replaced the old cabin lights with a newer LED model. If so what model did you have success with? Also, does anyone have a recommendation for LED masthead light?
Posted By: Scott

Re: cabin light bulbs - 03/31/09 12:42 PM

I've replace mine with a couple of different LEDs. I first tried a 19 led bulb from superbrightleds.com. It was a very faint light, and was only good for maybe a "mood" light. I was fairly disappointed.

I then bought this LED http://www.sailorssolutions.com/?page=ProductDetails&Item=SEN10W. And, you need to get the bayonet adapter here http://www.sailorssolutions.com/?page=ProductDetails&Item=SENBA. I am very impressed with the light output of this one. It is almost too bright, if thats possible. It's not a conventional looking led bulb, but it works. From what I've seen, this is the best out there.

Posted By: Rob Van Name

Re: cabin light bulbs - 04/11/09 02:13 AM

Inspired by Scott's post I got a few SEN10W "bulbs" for Nordic Star's cabin lights. I posted some photos on my blog. The part number on the original bulbs is T3606.
© 2024 J/30 Class Association