J/30 Class Association

Plastic Bins Used for Storage Liners - Source for replacements?

Posted By: Rhapsody #348

Plastic Bins Used for Storage Liners - Source for replacements? - 06/07/10 08:32 PM

Mark Rotsky and I were just talking. We both noticed that the plastic storage bins used as liners for the settee lockers have started to crack. Probably a victim of age. On Nemesis, Mark has one that is contoured for the overboard valve in the port v-berth.

Does anyone know if these bins are available from a commercial source so we can just drop them in the original locations?
Posted By: Windspeed #199

Re: Plastic Bins Used for Storage Liners - Source for replacements? - 12/27/19 10:18 PM

Mine are having the same problem. I sent an email to Waterline Systems, but haven't heard back yet.
Posted By: Rhapsody #348

Re: Plastic Bins Used for Storage Liners - Source for replacements? - 12/28/19 12:47 PM

I tried to get these from Waterline before their 2017 Bankruptcy and move to North Kingston. The answer from them is the supplier did not have enough demand for the tooling to be developed. The new Waterline is no longer an authorized J/Boat repair center. J/Boats asked me to remove them from that role on the J/30 and J/109 websites.
Posted By: Windspeed #199

Re: Plastic Bins Used for Storage Liners - Source for replacements? - 12/28/19 04:25 PM

Thanks for the details, Bill. Sad to hear that they had such trouble staying in business.

I have an idea for crafting my own hatch liners. I'll work on developing them and upload what I come up with.

Good luck & happy sailing!
© 2024 J/30 Class Association