J/30 Class Association

Yanmar 2QM15 1970 - Gages

Posted By: David Erwin

Yanmar 2QM15 1970 - Gages - 10/23/18 07:13 PM

OK my 1979 gages in hull #87 have finally stopped working. I have been reading about A Panel vs B panel. My panel doesn't look like either. You have to lift up the starboard side lazarett to insert the key to start the engine. I suspect my panel is an early A panel design. Anyone have a recommendation to source replacement instruments?

Yanmar Part Number
124070-91100 Tachometer
____________ Oil Pressure Gage?
____________ Voltage Gage?

Looking for ideas...

eBay Find!
Posted By: nathankt79

Re: Yanmar 2QM15 1970 - Gages - 10/23/18 08:30 PM

I just had the same thing happen...tachometer quit while taking her to her winter sleeping spot. I've got the panel where the key and panel is mounted pretty well centered on the inside of the transom. If anyone has a source for these, please let me know as well.

Thanks,

Nate
Posted By: Rhapsody #348

Re: Yanmar 2QM15 1970 - Gages - 10/25/18 11:19 AM

If everything stops working I suspect it is the return line connection common to all the gauges. Take a meter/continuity tester and ring out all the lines from the panel back to the engine. I suspect you'll find a broken wire or bad connection.

For the tachometer, there is a sensor mounted on the bell housing by the flywheel that generates pulses for the tachometer. Most likely there is a loose connection there. Pull the spade type contact connector off, clean the terminals and if needed gently squeeze the female spade terminal to close the contacts so they seat better.
Posted By: Miko78

Re: Yanmar 2QM15 1970 - Gages - 10/26/18 07:11 AM

I also had a bad thing happened to my boat. Luckily, my best friend offered to help me by supervising repair works onboard on a daily basis while I was away for my business. The whole story can be read here https://princess55fly.blogspot.com/p/home.html. Because of that situation, I couldn't use my boat for a long time. Really big trouble.
© 2024 J/30 Class Association