J/30 Class Association

J30 WANTED

Posted By: Bart Lackie

J30 WANTED - 06/15/21 02:31 PM

Serious purchaser. No "orphans" please. Looking for (preferably later production) "Bristol condition" and willing to pay, accordingly.
Should have added: will be used as cruiser; too old to campaign, her.
Posted By: Bill Veno

Re: J30 WANTED - 06/21/21 03:30 AM

Hi Bart,

I may have a solution for you. I am selling my 1983 (launched 1984) J/30 'Waltzing Matilda' - hull #456. She is currently stored in Mattapoisett, MA at the northwest corner of Buzzards Bay.
She is being sold 'fully found' and is a sound and dependable boat that I have sailed and occasionally raced for 31 years (she has done very well in distance/overnight races vs. some of the best PHRF sailors in Buzzards Bay - and I have the silver and crystal to show for it).

She is ready to be launched or trailered to her new home. I just finished prepping and painting her bottom and she is ready to go. I commissioned her Yanmar 2GM engine this weekend - and it started immediately with the first crank.

Her sails are in great shape for cruising and there are no problem areas with moisture or other concerns. While she's not a new boat - she has been well cared for and I think you will agree she is well-equipped and a good choice for the kind of sailing you are planning.

It is now time for me (age 75) to downsize to a smaller boat - that doesn't require someone besides my wife to get out on the water. I am readying a complete list of her gear and also many photos that I am getting ready to post on the J/30 Class website (as soon as I figure out how to do that).

If you are interested, send me you e-mail address and I will pass these along to you within a couple of days.

Many thanks,
Bill Veno

Re: J30 WANTED - 06/21/21 01:40 PM

I'm VERY interested: pictures and price please. Also makes sense to have a direct email and phone #.
Mine are: bart@lincsat.com/ 613 478 6382

Re: J30 WANTED - 06/22/21 05:43 PM

I responded to you, yesterday: any chance I could get a reply to yesterday's requests ??
Posted By: Bill Veno

Re: J30 WANTED - 06/23/21 01:42 AM

Hi Bart,

I apologize for the delay in my responding to your request - have been pretty swamped the past couple of days. I have, however, prepared a description of my J/30 and a pretty complete list of Waltzing Matilda's inventory of layout, hardware, gear and sails.

I have tried to whittle a lot of photos down to send you as well as post a reasonable portion of these on the J/30 Class site. I am sort of low tech when it comes to doing these things, and I suggest that it might be best if I send you an e-mail with the description and lots of photos first (technology I can manage).

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the boat and logistics - or whatever. I'll send this e-mail momentarily.

Thanks for your patience,

Bill
© 2024 J/30 Class Association