J/30 Class Association

Poll: New Governors for the PNW

Posted By: JBro

Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 02/25/11 01:07 AM

Greetings all-

So, I think it would be great to elect some new folks to govern the PNW fleet and folks that represent the interests of the B.C., Washington, and Oregon contingent. When I offered to fill the role, it was a.) to fill the role in lieu of no one else and b.) when I expected to have more time to dedicate to this.

Since then, there's been some great activity in the community and as an owner and supporter of OD racing of J/30s, I'm thrilled to see it. Further, between Don (Vampire) and Grady (Slingshot), they have clearly invested a bunch of time helping to coordinate a truly international racing calendar and really have things going in a great direction.

Therefore - I think it's time to pass the baton and in order to make this happen, there needs to be an election. So, please take a few minutes to vote in the poll and let your voices be heard!

Thanks! - Jeff
Posted By: NaturalHigh

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 02/25/11 09:36 PM

That looks like a ballot written like a true politician!

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 02/25/11 11:00 PM

Hehe. Well, full disclosure? I'm in marketing... ;-) Not far removed.

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 02/25/11 11:02 PM

BTW - is Natural High a J/30 that was on the market in Seattle about 4 yrs ago? If so, I looked at it about the same time we bought ours. Very clean boat! Hope you're enjoying it.
Posted By: Vampire

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 02/25/11 11:11 PM

I'm voting for the duck.
Posted By: gmo

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 02/26/11 04:02 AM

Aww, I wanted to vote for just Don!

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 02/28/11 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBro
BTW - is Natural High a J/30 that was on the market in Seattle about 4 yrs ago? If so, I looked at it about the same time we bought ours. Very clean boat! Hope you're enjoying it.

I would suspect that it was. I bought it off a fellow in Nanaimo that only had it for a year and he brought it up from Seattle.

Yes it is very clean inside; I am very happy with that... Don wouldn't let his wife on board mine for fear of new demands!

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 03/09/11 02:18 AM

Hmm seems slow on the voting front.

Hello !

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 03/09/11 02:30 AM

I voted!
Posted By: Rhapsody #348

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 03/13/11 01:45 AM

so when does the official polling station close?

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 03/13/11 01:52 AM

I would say one month is more then fare. We are coming up to our first large event and we only have 3 J30s going so far.

Speak now or hold your tong later

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 03/28/11 05:26 AM

I say we close it!

(sorry for the slow response... Been offline a bunch with a new baby in the house born a couple weeks ago. Nothing like creating your own crew!! That's 3 boys now... Can't wait to watch the fights over positions onboard.)

I'm going to close the poll now and based upon current results, it looks we'll have some strong new co-leadership in the PNW! That is GREAT news.

- Jeff

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 03/28/11 02:16 PM

Thanks.

Personaly I like kids but they interfer with my sailing too much

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 09/25/14 10:03 PM

Looks like we need to reopen the polls.

Unfortunatly we need a new rep for the PNW

Work and medical are preventing me from getting out and effective as your rep.
So let's hear who is interested.

Don
Vampire
Posted By: dlabrosse

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 10/04/14 02:59 PM

Scott sounds like a natural fit to me. By the way where did my set of templates end up? I'm doing some keel work right now.

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 11/23/15 04:28 PM

OK its that time.
Vampire is on the Hard looking for a new owner and its time for me to hand off the reins of the PNW governor to a new member in the Class. i have purchased a Privilege Catamaran in the Med and i need to move on to the next segment of sailing in my life.

so who in you is ready for this easy challenge of being the rep in the NW??

be brave be bold and Pop the chute. and remember it doesn't come down till god takes it down.

Re: Poll: New Governors for the PNW - 01/29/16 06:00 PM

*crickets*

I heard Mardy, of Desperado (ex-Gracie) owner is dying for a challenge like this :P

Send me a note of the Vampire details so I can put out the feelers for shoppers. Are you interested in parting with any sails? My quiver is starting to look pretty sad across the board except my #1 and racing main.
© 2024 J/30 Class Association