J/30 Class Association

Annapolis Area Dockage

Posted By: Phil

Annapolis Area Dockage - 02/28/12 08:08 PM

For the past several years I have kept my boat at a private slip on Mill Creek across from Jimmy Cantler's Crabhouse. I have found it to be a very convenient location, with easy in and out to the Bay, at about 1/2 what you'd pay for a slip in Annapolis. Plus, I can avoid the line for a parking space at Cantler's on the weekends by just motoring across the creek.

The downside is there is only limited parking (one car per boat) and no gas or pumpout available on the creek.

I have to give up my spot this year, so if anyone is interested let me know and I will put you in touch with the owner.
Posted By: John

Re: Annapolis Area Dockage - 02/28/12 08:40 PM

Phil,
Very
interested, John Ferguson, Skua on the hard this winter at West River.
301 512 6509

Re: Annapolis Area Dockage - 02/28/12 08:53 PM

John -

The slip is owned by Susan Okula, she is very nice. Her house is located at 2246 Mulberry Road, Annapolis, MD and her phone nuber is 410-349-1680 or alternately 703-626-4102 (Cell).

She can also be reached via e-mail at sokula@mac.com

I believe last year she charged me $2,110 for the year.

Phil

Re: Annapolis Area Dockage - 02/28/12 10:40 PM

Phil,Susan says slip is 27' long, did you have a J30 in it? Thanks, John
Just received an email from Susan, so I stick out a little, that is fine.
Thanks Phil for your help.John

Re: Annapolis Area Dockage - 02/29/12 12:53 AM

I did, it was no problems fitting in but I needed to make sure there was always a Spring line attached to prevent the rudder from hitting the pier. There aren't any finger piers. I backed the boat in and boarded over the stern. Very calm back on the creek so backing in was never an problem.

Re: Annapolis Area Dockage - 02/29/12 01:08 AM

Thanks, I'll be going down and meeting Susan and seeing the slip soon.
© 2024 J/30 Class Association