J/30 Class Association

bimini

Posted By: Anonymous

bimini - 07/12/06 07:42 PM

I am building a bimini for a 1979 J30. I am concerned that the slot required for the back stay, if it is in the up position,is so wide, 16", that the top will not tension properly. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? Can the backstay be tensioned enough to bring the tackle below the top and use a smaller slot? Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. Pictures of an existing bimini would be helpful.
Thanks,
Robert Knight
903-815-4291
Posted By: Thor

Re: bimini - 07/12/06 08:35 PM

I have all the necessary hardware to make one.... probably a nice winter job ....

alternatively I could make a dodger ...

problem is that our boat doesnt lend itself to a bimimi or dodger by that matter ....

please post pics when you get something going ...

Thanks Thor
Posted By: dbows

Re: bimini - 07/13/06 12:00 AM

Bimini no. Dodger yes - I had a sweet dodger made for my boat. I also had a fly made that goes from the dodger to the backstay for when I am at anchor.

David
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: bimini - 07/13/06 02:10 AM

I've got the frame built. It is gonna be sweet. I should be thru in a couple of days. I went back to the boat and measured the height of the back stay tackle when pulled down under the bimini. I have decided to make the slot 6 inches wide which will accommodate the tackle and back stay when slightly tensioned. After all, the top will only be used when cruising. I'll try to post pics when finished.
Thanks,
Robert Knight
Posted By: Joao Brito CHILE

Re: bimini - 11/23/19 02:28 AM

Hi all
I'm going to make a bimini top, if anyone has a manufactured one that serves as a reference I would appreciate it
© 2024 J/30 Class Association