J/30 Class Association

Nationals prep

Posted By: sjans

Nationals prep - 07/21/06 03:40 PM

I was just reading the J30 classrules and saw that I am missing a few interior and safety items which are required by the rules on my boat .
When I bought the boat there was no bulkhead door ,no folding tables, no navigation table, no storage tubs.
My guess is that this is a weight issue which could easily be resolved by adding extra weight on board.
Also I don't have a radar reflector and I don't think I saw any other J-30's carry them during CPYC one-design regatta.
Where would you put that thing anyway?
Is there anyhing I should do to prevent any major suprises or setbacks during the measurement?
Posted By: dwl

Re: Nationals prep - 07/21/06 04:03 PM

Well, can't speak to the other, but for the Radar Reflector, you gotta carry it, not fly it. Our is one of the cardboard/Gold Foil ones which folds flat and hides under a bunk cushion.

- David
Posted By: Ed Austin

Re: Nationals prep - 07/21/06 05:38 PM

Stefan, the storage tubs are not required for racing. The door and the fold down tables are. Good luck in the NAs.

Re: Nationals prep - 07/25/06 02:10 AM

Hey Stefan, the e-mail I have for you for the fleet 4 mailing list has gone stale. Could you e-mail me with a new address? Thx. (dwl@panix.com)

- David
Posted By: LChristy

Re: Nationals prep - 07/25/06 03:19 PM

Stefan
Prior to the NA's you will receive a measurement form that will be used during measurement. If you send me your email address I can send you an example that we used at previous NA's. You will need to have the Nav table, door, liquor cabient, and fold down tables, anything that was not an option. Adding weight will not cover this since we do not know what they weigh.

Larry Christy
J30 Class measurer.
alchristy@comcast.net

Re: Nationals prep - 07/25/06 08:17 PM

Heres the NOR for the 2006 North Americans...
http://www.cedarpointyc.org/uploads/J30_NA_NOR_2006.pdf

- David
Posted By: John McArthur

Re: Nationals prep - 07/28/06 11:16 AM

Stefan,
Don't worry about the items your J30 is missing for the NAs inspection. There are 10 J30s at Cedar Point, not all of them will compete. I'm sure we can beg, steal or borrow what ever you need. Please enter!
John McArthur, J30 Class Co-president
Posted By: sjans

Re: Nationals prep - 07/28/06 04:01 PM

that's all I wanted to hear,

thanks
© 2024 J/30 Class Association